From: Paul Klos <gentoo@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying/Moving a file in KDE - is the preview missing
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 12:03:28
1 Op zondag 7 juni 2015 17:42:37 schreef Andrew Lowe:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Under KDE, which I use, when you go to move/copy a file and it
4 > already exists in the destination, you get a dialogue pop up with a
5 > heading of "File already exists", it says in the dialogue "Source" and
6 > "Destination" with the respective paths underneath then underneath that
7 > a big expanse of nothing then below that some stuff including the
8 > Overwrite/Skip/Cancel buttons.
9 >
10 > My question relate to the expanse of nothingness. For example, if I'm
11 > moving/copying image files, should there be a preview of the two files
12 > in this nothingness? Is there some USE flag I've stuffed up that has
13 > disabled this. This happens, in my experience with Dolphin and
14 > Gwenview,
15 > but I'm assuming they both use a standard Qt/KDE dialogue so others
16 > probably display this behaviour as well.
17 >
18 > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
19 >
20 > Andrew
21 >
22 Hi Andrew,
23
24 If I try to copy a file that already exists in the destination folder, I
25 do indeed get preview images and some metadata, not a vast expanse of
26 nothingness.
27
28 For example, when copying a jpg the dialog shows thumbnails of the
29 source and the destination, and underneath each image the type, size,
30 width, height and the date it was last modified.
31
32 Below that is an input field where an alternative name can be entered,
33 which presumably you still have. Finally there are the buttons.
34
35 As for what triggers the presence/absence of the preview, I have no
36 idea.
37
38 Paul