From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best choice for a dual core
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:15:03
1 Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2
3 > I've got 2 GB and it will (have to) stay so
4
5 Okay, so you won't need one of the main features of 64bit machines -
6 larger addressable space of RAM.
7
8 Will you do number crunching with floating point numbers or with
9 large integers?
10
11 If not, then you won't use those advantages either. Somebody correct
12 me, but if you want to WORK with this machine (ie. not fiddle), I'd
13 suggest to stay 32bit. Or what advantages would 64bit provide?
14
15 Alexander Skwar
16 --
17 After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
18 after all, as "wanting." It is not logical, but it is often true.
19 -- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list