From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox (Namoroka-3.6.8, actually) and Epiphany-2.31-r1 both fail to show captchas
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:18:28
1 On 08/26/2010 04:29 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On a number of websites, I've been unable to see the "captcha" that I need
4 >> to complete my business. Neither the image nor the response show up.
5 >>
6 >> Opera, on the other hand, works fine (as does IE on my Windoze laptop).
7 >>
8 >> For instance, I can register (it's free) with the NY Times, read an article
9 >> (example: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/world/asia/26kabul.html) but if
10 >> I try to email this to anyone using the link that appears on the page, I'm
11 >> confronted with a dialog that should have a captcha and a box for my
12 >> answer. It does not appear, and I cannot proceed.
13 >
14 > I can't try that page because it requires an account to email to
15 > someone else. But, in general, my first suspects would be if you're
16 > using NoScript or AdBlockPlus and perhaps they are not allowing the
17 > javascript from the captcha service to run.
20 I just emailed myself that article, and there was no Captcha? Only had
21 to disable NoScript to get the "E-mail" popup to show.