From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: hdparm and baselayout
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:32:11
1 > Hmm, possible. I just noticed that it has a "before bootmisc"
2 > dependancy, so it is going to start very early on. In fact, bootmisc
3 > is considered a "CRITICAL_SERVICE" by /sbin/rc, so that means hdparm
4 > is going to start at the same time as filesystems are mounted and
5 > modules are loaded. I don't know if previous versions of hdparm had
6 > this same thing or not.
7 >
8 > I think you can either file a bug about the dependancy on bootmisc
9 > that causes hdparm to start too early, hack the init script yourself
10 > to remove it, or reconfigure your kernel to include the drivers for
11 > your CD-ROMs statically, not as modules.
12
13 Before i fill a bug i will check if removing the bootmisc dependency
14 will solve the problem. I don't think so because when the system has
15 booted completely a restart of the service doesn't work either.
16 The thing that irritates me is, when i run it directly as root it works
17 but not on system startup and when using sudo.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list