From: Greg Bur <greg.bur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scp login but confine the user to his home directory?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:46:45
1 On 2/2/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm wondering if it is possible and/or advisable to set up an
4 > account where a user can scp files in and out of his home directory
5 > using scp but if he logs into the machine using ssh he cannot go
6 > anywhere outside of his home directory?
7 >
8 > How would I set something like this up?
9
10 Mark,
11
12 Rebuild openssh with the chroot USE flag enabled and then have a look
13 at the following HOWTO:
14
15 http://www.howtoforge.com/chrooted_ssh_howto_debian
16
17 It's a bit of work to set up but it works well. We have a similar
18 setup at work for our shared hosting customers.
19
20 Regards,
21
22 Greg