From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gigabyte wont boot
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:31:53
1 pk <peterk2 <at> coolmail.se> writes:
4 > Are you sure it's a new mobo and not a replacement that someone had
5 > problems with and "RMA'd" it (and you got it instead)?
6
7 Newegg said it was new
8
9 > I've had one of those... I've never seen a mobo without the install manual.
10 > It may of course also be brand new and still be D.O.A. Or some other
11 > parts may be faulty/incompatible (memory modules would be my first guess)...
12
13 Ram is as spec'd: G.skill Ares F-1866C10D-16BAB. 4 modules all
14 slots full summing to 32G.........
15
16 I think the mobo is BORKED....
17
18 > Btw, there seems to be two revisions of the mobo in question. At
19 > Gigabytes homepage you can find manuals for both.
20
21 This one is rev 1.1
22
23 I've got the parts to build 3 systems, so I'll move on to the
24 second one. Get it to work and verify the compoents, one system
25 at a time. If all else fails, it's the mobo or the CPU. Which of
26 the 2 will be hard to pinpoint without a hassle.
29 Looks like Newegg passed me a turd or 2......
32 James