From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I upgrade my python version?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 14:44:35
1 haoniukun wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > I've just upgraded my gentoo system.
5 > I synchronized my portage tree just now.
6 > It was installed about a year ago.
7 > The python version is 2.4.4-r6.
8 > But when I was trying to install python 2.5, I've got an eapi exception.
9 > And the installation failed.
10 > And my portage upgrade is also blocked due to the bash version.
11 > How can I upgrade my portage?
12 >
13 > Any hint would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
14
15 One year ago? I recommend a new install. If a Gentoo system isn't
16 updated for longer than about two months, hell tends to break loose on
17 the next sync.