From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is there a way to misconfigure USB ports in the kernel?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 21:08:13
1 On 2021.03.31 16:28, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-03-31, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 07:09:03 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> I wish I could view man pages like I used to in Konqueror.  It
6 > displays
7 > >> like a webpage and is much easier to search through.
8 > >
9 > > I miss that too. I use mankier.com these days, which gives similar
10 > > benefits. I have a shortcut set up in chromium so typing "man dd"
11 > > opens the page in mankier.com.
12 >
13 > Many years ago, there was an X11 man page and gnu info viewer that I
14 > used to use, but I can't remember the name of it. This was probably
15 > 20+ years ago (pre GTK and Qt), so the chances that it's still around
16 > are small...
17 Perhaps x11-apps/xman? I remember it as you do, but have not used it
18 in years, so I'm not sure if this is it or not. The info command also
19 seems to have access to man pages, but it doesn't seem the most obvious
20 way to get there.
21
22 Jack