From: "Tero Grundström" <tero@××××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sound driver
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:02:30
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > > FYI,
4 > >
5 > > I've had alsa compiled 100% static in kernel - worked perfectly.
6 > >
7 > > I now have:
8 > >
9 > > - alsa compiled 100% as modules
10 > > - nothing in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
11 > > - alsasound added only to bootlevel
12 > >
13 > > Works perfectly.
14 > >
15 > Yes, of course you have, Tero-- you seem to be one of the fortunate
16 > few whose computer always works as advertised, under all conditions.
17 >
18 > You lucky dog, you ;-) .
19
20 Well, don't know about that... I've also had problems with alsa with
21 some old udev versions. Thats why I compiled alsa static in the kernel
22 at one point.
23
24 However I really feel that your way of setting up alsa is overly
25 complicated. And that will only confuse people, especially newbies.
26 IMO, there must be something else wrong with the setup.
27
28 BTW, when was the last time you actually tried to setup alsa the simple
29 way, as instructed in the docs?
33 T.G.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list