From: Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] MS debug equivalent
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 04:01:35
1 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 19:12 -0500, Rodrigo Lazo wrote:
4 >> Hi everybody,
5 >>
6 >> sorry for the OT. I've been using debug.exe (a little program for work
7 >> with asm) at my college to learn about assembler and related
8 >> concepts. Does anyone know some equivalent for linux?
9 >>
10 > I remember DEBUG.EXE - I used to use it to change the copyright text in
11 > COMMAND.COM from Microsoft Corp to MSullivan Tech. I don't know of an
12 > equivalent (I assume you want something interactive), but could you use
13 > nasm?
16 I want to browse the ram contents and write some really simple
17 assembly programs. For the later I guess nasm could do the trick, but
18 for the former I guess I need another tool
23 Rodrigo Lazo (rlazo)
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list