From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 4G Stick Huawei E3276
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:52:18
1 On Friday 29 Mar 2013 15:23:41 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 29.03.2013 16:05, schrieb Mick:
3 > > You're missing module 'qmi_wwan'.
4 > >
5 > > Trying adding this to your kernel and replug the device (or use
6 > > modprobe -v qmi_wwan).
7 >
8 > Should I rmmod the others before?
9 >
10 > I compiled and loaded that module ... no real difference to see ...
11 > still no mobile broadband offered.
12
13 When you say no real difference ... dmesg should show that the module is
16 ifconfig should show a new device has been activated.
17
18 Yes?
21 > When I rmmod them all and plug in again, I get "option" loaded again.
22 > Should I remove this one from my .config?
23 >
24 > Even when I rmmod option, modprobe qmi_wwan and then plugin "option"
25 > gets loaded (and no "mobile broadband" in NM).
26
27 I would get NM troubleshooted after the device is recognised by the kernel and
28 the relevant modules are loaded.
31 > Could it be related to our friend systemd which renames "wwan0" to
32 > "wwp0s26u1u1i1" according to dmesg?
33
34 I thought that this is a udev issue, rather than systemd. I don't know
35 anything about systemd (not tried it yet) and on a stable Gentoo install you
36 should be able to see the wwan0 device in ifconfig.
37
38 PS. I should also say that I don't use NM on my machines ... so someone else
39 should hopefully be able to help with NM issues. I use symlinks in
40 /etc/init.d/ for my NICs.
43 Regards,
44 Mick