From: lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:14:45
1 On Sunday 30 April 2006 11:21 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Kesara Rathnayake wrote:
3 > > I guess Firefox is slow now because of whole lot of Extentions that we
4 > > used today.
5 >
6 > To find out, I asked OP to create a blank profile. I also assume
7 > a local problem at his side. OP should simply create a new profile
8 > and report back.
9 >
10 > Alexander Skwar
11 >
12 > PS: I begin to hate Googlemail because of the default to use HTML
13 > even if it is not required. Sucks. Big time.
14
15 I used the GMail web interface for a long time and it defaulted to plain text
16 for me. If I changed to rich-text the next time it'd default to RTF. I
17 changed it to plain-text and then it defaulted the next time to (you guessed
18 it) plain text. I don't know what you're complaining about. Perhaps you
19 tried it at a time when they hadn't yet corrected that bug? It's still in
20 the beta stage, you know.
21
22 > Another thing that sucks, is that HTML mails are permitted on this
23 > list. Why not just dump the HTML part (and every other attachment)?
24
25 Why not, if it irks you so much, make a script that will change RTF/HTML to
26 Plaintext? It wouldn't be terribly difficult...
27
28 Then you could just tack it on to the list daemon or whatever and viola! you'd
29 be good to go!
30
31 I'm sure some Perl/Python freak would make something to do that in about a
32 week and be done with it. I'm more of a Java/C++ person, so it'd take me
33 longer, unless you forced me to use PHP, which I could see myself using...