From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 19:30:11
1 On 03/14/09 21:05, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Joseph wrote:
3 >> I need a solution to access Windows XP program running on VirtualBox.
4 >> I've Windows XP running via VB and I need to run one of Windows XP program
5 >> from few other machines.
6 >> I was thinking maybe I'll install run LTSP but I'm not sure it will work.
7 >> I
8 >> think I could create VPN between Windows and Linux but in this case I need
9 >> to run full OS on other machines.
10 >> What are my other options?
11 >
12 > VirtualBox supports RDP. You can connect to it with any RDP client.
13 >
14 > I use KRDC for this. I start the XP virtual machine with:
15 >
16 > VBoxHeadless -startvm "Windows XP" &
17 >
18 > This will run the VM but will not display anything. You connect to it
19 > through RDP.
20 >
21 > Read the VirtualBox manual for more info (like like to configure which port
22 > to use if you don't want the default one.)
23
24 The computer is running Gentoo and Windows XP in VirtualBox.
25 I need to run Windows XP :-( (no choice)
26
27 The program I'm running is a dental program that stores images, I need to have an access to these images from different rooms; so I have to have access to VM
28 Windows XP in order to start the Windows XP program that will allow me to view those pictures (mostly X-rays images).
29
30 If I start VB with:
31 VBoxHeadless -startvm "Windows XP" will I be able to run it in foreground and access it via KDRC?
34 #Joseph
35 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7