From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} open-source: chat, tasks, resources, code
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:35:39
1 >> Is ejabberd difficult to run over the internet safely?
2 >
3 > I doubt it. But you'd want to give the docs a thorough reading to make
4 > sure you have security questions locked down properly. Off the top of
5 > my head...don't allow remote registrations (i.e. don't allow clients
6 > to create accounts). Require SSL/TLS. Always make sure you're up on
7 > the latest security patches.
8 >
9 > Beyond that, you'd have to read docs. Which is what a lot of
10 > self-described sysadmins can't be bothered to do.
11
12 Fair enough. It sounds like IRC is especially tricky with regard to
13 security but ejabberd isn't.
14
15 - Grant