From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-224 Look out for new networking behavior
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 23:38:23
1 On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:50:24 -0500, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > > Is this server-related? I have only simple workstations/laptops and I
4 > > don't enable systemd-networkd at all. It seems that NetworkManager
5 > > takes care of both wired and wireless without assistance (including
6 > > dhcp).
7 >
8 > In latptops/workstations NetworkManager takes care of everything.
9 > However, I still enable systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved in my
10 > laptop and workstations. If enabled without any configuration, it just
11 > monitors the network interfaces and keeps them "in the loop" for the
12 > rest of the system to know about them from a central registry. It
13 > doesn't interfere with NetworkManager (or any other network management
14 > program for that matter).
15
16 Alternatively, you can use systemd-networkd and do without
17 NetworkManager altogether, avoiding a load of dependencies if you don't
18 use GNOME.
19
20 For typical wireless networks, wpa_gui is more than adequate for
21 configuration.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Bugs are Sons of Glitches