From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing a package from being updated
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 10:05:26
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 05:13 on Saturday 23 October 2010, Allan
2 Gottlieb did opine thusly:
3
4 > Now I have masked mesa-7.8.2 downgrading to 7.7.1, which necessitated a
5 > downgrade of xorg-server to 1.7.7-r1 (latest stable), which necessitated
6 > a downgrade of xinit to 1.2.1.
7 >
8 > Thus my emerges now generate msgs that updates to xorg-server and xinit
9 > are being skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies.
10 > Other than this, the emerges perform normally and the system runs well.
11 >
12 > I could mask the newer versions of xorg-server and xinit and possibly
13 > prevent the emerge messages, but I am leaning toward leaving it as it is.
14 > This way when mesa is updated (to a hopefully fixed version) everything
15 > should update automatically.
16 >
17 > Does that sound reasonable.
18
19 Yes, that will work fine. You'll just have to tolerate those messages in the
20 interim, but you know they are there and why. Nothing will break because of
21 it.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com