From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:08:10
1 Hi folks,
2
3 Has the idea of distributing custom package.mask files occured?
4 This way you can "mask off" certain versions of software and hence limit
5 updates to minor changes. You can then use these on systems you want to
6 keep as stable as possible, use a test machine to test changes to the
7 package.mask and then roll it out. Might make management of many
8 workstations/servers easier.
9
10 Alternatively incorporating a custom package.mask into a custom boot CD
11 could provide the basis of a Gentoo-derived custom distro?
12
13 I use the word "custom" too much.
14
15 David
16
17 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
18 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
19 list.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list