From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Group Calendaring with decent Outlook interaction
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:18:37
1 On 02/15/2012 10:12 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > We use Thunderbird+Lightning+Provider for Google Calendar+Google
5 > Calendar here in our office, and the calendaring really is becoming
6 > more and more problematic for us, mostly with respect to interacting
7 > with Meeting Invites from external users of Outlook/Exchange.
8
9 I can't answer your question, so I'll ask one instead :) Do you have
10 any idea where the problem is occurring, i.e. on the client side or on
11 the Google server side?
12
13 I'm imagining a battle of the titans, with Google and M$ trying to win
14 customers from each other by making the other side look incompetent :)
15
16 No question that M$ has, um, consolidated their market share in the past
17 by concocting proprietary protocols that no one else can support. I'm
18 guessing that Google now has enough market clout to use the same trick
19 against M$. (That would be evil(TM) of course, so they would deny it.)
20
21 > I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for a hosted calendaring
22 > solution that works well with Thunderbird+Lightning *and* deals
23 > properly with meeting invites from outlook/Exchange users?
24
25 Once again, just out of curiosity, have you tried Evolution on the client
26 side to see if it has the same problems that thunderbird/lightening has?