From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Has semantic-desktop really become compulsatory for kmail?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:07:08
1 On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 01:17:07AM +0000, Stroller wrote
2
3 > I cannot for a moment believe that you (Roy) can organise your files
4 > so that you can find them easier than typing a search term & clicking
5 > on the correct result. You just don't want to try it because your
6 > current methods are "good enough" for you, but this isn't good grounds
7 > on which to complain about KDE moving on with their development of a
8 > state-of-the-art desktop which will actually make life easier for
9 > millions of other people (people who aren't afraid to try it).
10
11 Yes, I can organize my files to the point where I rarely ever use
12 find. Just because you can't, is not a reason to slow down everybody
13 else's desktop. And if I really wanted a glitzy, bloated,
14 slow-as-molasses, pointy-clicky-touchy-feely-oowee-GUI, I would've
15 stayed with Windows, thank you. I started with Blckbox and am now on
16 ICEWM.
17
18 I have to put up with Windows at work and one of the first things I do
19 with a new machine is to turn off indexing. It noticeably, speeds up
20 the system. I'll take the rare occasional long search versus continuous
21 disk-thrashing, thank you.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>