From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] printing problems
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 01:01:44
1 On 11/02/2015 04:46 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 151101 Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> I had so many problems with hplip I stopped using it. I found another way
4 >> to use my hp CP1025nw with foomatic and that works trouble-free.
5 >
6 > Don't be coy ! -- What did you actually do which works (smile) ?
9 It's a driver for Laserjet printers, it won't work on deskjets AFAIK.
10 The driver is foo2zjs: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/ - it relies on
11 ghostscript.
12
13 I looked and it looks like that won't help you. I had so many problems
14 with hplip randomly stopping working and refusing to reinstall I gave up
15 on printing for six months before I found foo2zjs.
16
17 Dan