From: Digby Tarvin <digbyt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] inhouse email
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:35:58
1 It is easy enough to set it up and test it in parallel with your
2 current setup. Nothing important should be directed there till you
3 advertise it..
4
5 I have been running a mail server on my home system ever since I got
6 my DSL connection at home. It is where I normally direct mailing
7 list traffic and other correspondence which is non critical,
8 because I can create dedicated aliases which all point the the
9 same ultimate mailbox, making it easy to identify where spammers
10 have been obtaining addresses from, and making it possible to just
11 invalidate the effected address...
12
13 For person mail that I want to be able to access when I am
14 travelling I use a mail forwarding address which can be
15 pointed at an ISP hosted POP3 mailbox (which is polled using
16 fetchmail when I am home) or when needed can be pointed direct
17 to my home server.
18
19 Regards,
20 DigbyT