From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA_CARDS Variable in-kernel drivers?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:10:37
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > Jakob Buchgraber ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> Hi!
5 >>
6 >> I just read about the required ALSA_CARDS variable when using in-kernel
7 >> drivers in the Gentoo Newsletter. Since I am using in-kernel ALSA
8 >> drivers I would like to know what changed and why this is required? Is
9 >> this explained somewhere? I am using vanilla-sources (not
10 >> gentoo-sources). So do I need to set ALSA_CARDS when using
11 >> vanilla-sources too?
14 > The GWN seems clear:
15 > "for users using the in-kernel drivers, they
16 > should now properly set that variable"
17 >
18 > I think that the other alsa packages must be aware of it. Anyway I think
19 > setting it shouldn't harm.
20 >
21 > m.
24 Thank you for your reply!
25
26 It's clear to me that setting the variable doesn't harm however I'd like
27 to know why exactly. Does anybody have in-detail informations?
28
29 Cheers,
30 Jay
33 My system configuration (Gentoo Linux): http://www.linux-stats.org/index.php?c=userpage&sys=810