From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In search for a undeclared identifier...
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:53:12
1 On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:42:12 +0600
2 Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:20:05 +0200
5 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 >
7 > > I try to build the developper branch of a software project,
8 > > which is not in Gentoo.
9 > >
10 > > This works a longer time.
11 > >
12 > > Now the compilatino process aborts with
13 > >
14 > > glmodule.c:926: error: 'glActiveTexture' undeclared (first use in
15 > > this function) .
16 > >
17 > > Sounds somehow OpenGL-related:
18 > > I am using a nVidia Corporation GeForce 7600 GT with NVidia-drivers
19 > > and eselected opengl. Since Blender, which uses OpenGL a lot runs
20 > > fine and is also build each day from developper sources...
21 > >
22 > > Does anyone know to what glActiveTexture belongs to?
23 > > And where I can buy one for my Linux box ;)
24 > >
25 > > Thank you very much in advance for any helpful hint !
26 >
27 > On my system it's in /usr/include/GL/glew.h header, which belongs to
28 > media-libs/glew, so you probably need to have it installed.
29
30 My bad, I've misread grep results. It really is
31 in /usr/include/GL/glext.h.
32 And that file should be symlink created by "eselect opengl" with
33 source belonging either to media-libs/mesa or nvidia drivers.
34
35 If source file include lines are correct, you might want to try
36 re-emerging nvidia drivers and eselect'ing them.
39 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net