From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unity on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:58:34
1 On 25 September 2011 03:15, Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > It's stunning to know that something that's shipped by default with
3 > Ubuntu sucks so much? Canonical surely must have gone haywire.
4
5 It wouldn't be the first time that they've effectively tested software
6 by pushing it out to their user-base.
7
8 PuuuuuuuuuulseAudio!
9
10 I actually think that it's a fundamental problem with their software
11 distribution model -- there's very little scope for someone to be both
12 - Using the most up to date distribution version
13 &&
14 - Switching between 'stable' implementations of certain features and
15 'testing' ones.
16
17 (Yes, I know about the different repos; I just think that so much
18 basic functionality is only available through "experimental",
19 "third-party", "testing" etc. that the majority of users will have
20 them enabled, and think no further about it).