From: "Arnau Bria Ramírez" <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chroot
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:48:11
1 El Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:55:43 -0500
2 Walter Dnes dijo:
3
4 Hi!
5 > That's not necessary. I regularly...
6 > - start off with a basic text-console-only install
7 > - and then I fire up "emerge gimp" before heading off to work
8 >
9 > By the time I get home from work, Portage has pulled in and built the
10 > approximately 40 packages necessary to get a basic X GUI running with
11 > TWM and has built Gimp. "rpm-hell"... what's that??? Portage rocks!!!
12 >
13 > The basic X support doesn't show up in /var/lib/portage/world. It's
14 > installed as dependancy for various applications. Another cute trick is
15 > to "emerge bbkeys" without first "emerge blackbox". blackbox doesn't
16 > show up in world either. It's a dependancy for bbkeys.
17 >
18 > [m3000][root][~] grep -c ^. /var/lib/portage/world
19 > 54
20 >
21 > ...yes folks, only 54 entries in world for a full-featured desktop with
22 > a whole bunch of apps. Like I said, all the dependancies end up as
23 > dependancies.
24
25 Maybe I don't understand the benefits of your action, but what advantages do
26 you get doing so? I always do a emerge -uD world, so package and
27 its dependency... I do not care if dependency it's in world or not...
28
29 Please, could you please explain a little more your post? I'm intrigued...
30
31 Cheers!
34 Arnau Bria
35 http://blog.emergetux.net
36
37 Por regla general, las chicas malas suelen ser las que están más buenas.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list