From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Horrible English
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:13:36
1 On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:09:26AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote
2 > On Tuesday 09 May 2017 14:29:16 Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >
4 > > It's a feature, not a bug. <G> There's a news item being worked on in
5 > > the Gentoo dev list. I'd normally just link to a mail archive, but it's
6 > > too new to have been archived yet. Here's a copy of the proposed news
7 > > item.
8 >
9 > (Quoting order changed.)
10 >
11 > Sorry, Walter, but I just couldn't let this go. Reading it hurt too much.
12 >
13 > English grammar has very few hard-and-fast rules, but one is absolutely
14 > sacrosanct: every verb agrees in number with its subject. If I'd been guilty
15 > of this at school I'd have earned myself a stiff rebuke:
16
17 I was merely quoting the post verbatim. Don't shoot the messanger. I
18 hereby volunteer you to join the Gentoo-dev list and help clean up the
19 grammar of the news item. It's currently undergoing technical changes,
20 and the draft has changed somewhat.
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
24 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications