From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-forwarding fails with "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key"
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:25:29
1 >> X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now
2 >> I get:
3 >>
4 >> Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not
5 >> generated
6 >> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
7 >> Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
8 >> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
9 >> Cannot open display:
10 >
11 > Ah, I had this problem for months; it was driving me crazy!
12 >
13 > I don't remember the specifics, but it had to to with some wankery of glibc
14 > not working properly with xauth.  I'm pretty sure the fix is to update to
15 >>=sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201-r2 or regress glibc back a few ticks.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Wyatt
19
20 Thanks Wyatt. I upgraded the server and client to the latest glibc in
21 portage with the same result. When I tried to downgrade glibc, I got:
22
23 * Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system:
24 * Downgrading glibc is not supported and a sure way to destruction
25
26 - Grant