From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digikam, gtkam,... what's else?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:48:37
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > On Saturday 17 January 2009 22:38:43 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Saturday 17 January 2009 21:52:19 Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> It doesn't here either but it is most likely miss configured here since
9 >>>> I use gtkam. You may want to try gtkam if all else fails. Put
10 >>>> CAMERAS="canon ptp2" in your make.conf and it should work.
11 >>>>
12 >>> Already have.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>> Dale
16 >>>>
17 >>>> :-) :-)
18 >>>>
19 >> Does gtkam not work either? If not, you may have something other than
20 >> software problems. It may be something not recognizing your camera for
21 >> some reason. May want to check your logs for errors.
24 > In fact, there are many googling results wrt this gtkam error message - too
25 > many to identify the problem reason :-)
28 >> I'm not using KDE 4 but gtkam should work regardless since it is not KDE.
29 >>
30 >> Dale
31 >>
40 If that many programs can't access your camera, either the system is not
41 able to recognize the camera or you have other problems. Maybe you can
42 post the related portion of /var/log/messages or whatever log your
43 system uses and we can help. Right now, I have no other clue. We have
44 to have more info before we can help.
45
46 Dale
47