From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:59:02
1 On 03/14/09 21:54, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > To run it in foreground, you can start it just as before (that is, without
4 > using VBoxHeadless) but you need to enable RDP in VirtualBox's settings.
5 > VBoxHeadless is only for the case where you don't want to run it in the
6 > foreground on the PC VBox is running but only to access it through RDP.
7 >
8 > Note that RDP is not supported in the Open Source Edition ("ose") of
9 > VirtualBox. Only the non-free version (but it's still "free as in beer".)
10 >
11 > You can also enable the built-in RDP of Windows XP if you need multi-user
12 > support.
13
14 Well, it works I can even start the Virtualbox-ose and control the Windows XP (that is good), but:
15 1.) the terminal I'm connecting to has to accept my connection, is it possible to set it up so I connect to it automatically.
16 2.) I'm taking control of the mouse and keyboard of the remote workstation (in this case my server).
17
18 What I need is to connect to the server being able to use it without taking control of the desktop mouse or keyboard.
21 #Joseph
22 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7