From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ridiculously wide handbook pages
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:34:33
1 On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I've noticed recently that the Gentoo handbook web pages are
4 > ridiculously wide. (It seems to me that they didn't used to be, but I
5 > wouldn't swear to that).
6 >
7 > For example, look at this page:
8 >
9 >  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=2
12 I'll admit that a couple of times I've found this frustrating but not
13 enough that I'd ask anyone to change things.
14
15 I think the frustration, candidly, is that the web page programming
16 doesn't allow me to narrow the page as much as I might like and still
17 read the text. Sometimes I just want the browser to cover 1/2 the
18 screen, so that might be 600 pixels or so. Or maybe this is a Firefox
19 thing, not sure.
20
21 Anyway, I understand your point.
22