From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with nvidia card -- could it be hardware?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:28:34
1 On 06/20/2014 11:58 AM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I am using the nvidia GeForce GT 430 for years and suddenly within
3 > the last few days, if I start gdm, it gives me an error, no screens
4 > found and dumpss core and if I let it go it will keep dumping core and
5 > filling up my root partition. It works with my frame buffer, but no
6 > longer with gdm or even startx. So is this some kind of strange
7 > hardware glitch? I did downgrade the nvidia driver, but no joy.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10 >
11 You may want to take a look at this,
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858782-start-0.html, see if that helps.
13
14 What is the version of your nvidia driver?
15
16 Did the problem you're experiencing come about as a result of a recent
17 nvidia driver, and/or xorg server update?
18
19 As already suggested, having a look at your /var/log/Xorg.0.log may
20 through some more light on what could be amiss.