From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:57:55
1 > >> So, the correct entry for your make.conf is:
2 > >>
3 > >> PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="myaddress@×××××.com /usr/sbin/sendmail"
4 > >
5 > > I've tried that and it doesn't seem to be working.
6 >
7 > How is it not working? What's in the logs?
8
9 There is nothing in /var/log/mail/ and I can't find anything in
10 /var/log/everything/.
11
12 > > I have ssmtp
13 > > installed with +mailwrapper.
14 >
15 > mailwrapper or not shouldn't matter.
16
17 Ok, for some reason I thought mailwrapper provided the sendmail binary.
18
19 > > Do I need to set up any other kind of
20 > > configuration?
21 >
22 > You need to configure ssmtp. Did you do so?
23
24 Looking over /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf, it seems like I need to configure
25 the mailhub variable? I want to make sure I'm setting up as simple a
26 system for getting this elog mail out as possible. Do I need to
27 specify some kind of an SMTP server to get it sent? I thought this
28 thread was saying using SMTP was optional. I'm pretty confused.
29
30 - Grant
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list