From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Gnome3
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:02:43
1 On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 06/16/2012 12:01 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >> BTW, using GNOME 3 for more than one year in my laptop and desktop,
4 >> and I love it. I also want a tablet with it.
5 >
6 > Are you using any of the extensions Linus was discussing?
7
8 I'm using the "Remove Accessibility Extension", so the accessibility
9 icon doesn't appear in the top bar; the "Auto Move Windows Extension",
10 so Emacs is always in virtual desktop 1, Chrome in virtual desktop 2,
11 etc.; and the "Weather indicator Extension", to know that it's
12 raining. That's all the extensions I'm using; in my desktop I also use
13 "Alternative Status Menu Extension" to be able to hibernate (suspend
14 to disk) it: I can suspend to RAM just fine, but I like to save power.
15
16 I don't remember the extensions Linus mentioned.
17
18 > I'm using
19 > gnome3 in fallback mode because most of my machines are too old to
20 > have the hardware needed to run ghome-shell.  I haven't tried any
21 > gnome3 extensions yet on my one new machine that will run gnome-shell.
22
23 I have an nvidia card in my desktop, with the nouveau drivers. My
24 laptop uses a simple intel card; but run the full GNOME experience; I
25 actually don't like the fall back mode.
26
27 Regards.
28 --
29 Canek Peláez Valdés