From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] boot hangs forever at “Loading initial ramdisk...”
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 00:52:15
1 On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 7:23 PM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
2 wrote:
5 > I'd start by removing any "quiet" or "splash" from the kernel command
6 > line. You should be able to see them when you hit "e". I'm not sure
7 > if it will actually help, but it should be a start.
10 Thanks, but neither one appears. My command line is
11
12 linux /vmlinuz… root=UUID=… ro loglevel=4 nomodeset
13
14 Here I’ve replaced the full name of the kernel and the uuid of the boot
15 partition with ellipses because it’s too tedious to type. I’ve scrutinized
16 the actual ones for typos and am convinced there are none. Leaving out the
17 loglevel command doesn’t change the behavior at all.
18
19 John