From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:29:52
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> Sebastián Magrí wrote:
4 >>> The installation experience with the traditional method must be
5 >>> mandatory... That's why I think we are better now that GLI is
6 >>> deprecated...
7 >> That's not good. It hurts Gentoo's popularity if it's not easy to
8 >> install. But since there are not enough devs left for the GUI
9 >> installer, not much that can be done.
10 >>
11 >> Gentoo isn't unsuitable for a GUI installer. It's stage 3, after all.
12 >
13 > gentoo had its highest popularity when there were no gui installer (and no
14 > stable tree). This kept the stupid ' I don't want to read docs' crowd away.
15
16 That's a contradicting statement. How was the popularity at highest if
17 it kept a crowd away?