From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [OT] Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 14:27:15
1 On Friday, 9 December 2022 13:38:32 GMT Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 > ...I never really bothered with live TV recordings in recent years. These
4 > days, if I find something interesting, I download the show form the TV
5 > channel’s website (called Mediathek in Germany, a word play on Bibliothek,
6 > meaning library). Interestingly though, the picture quality is noticably
7 > worse than what I receive via DVB-T.
8
9 I do nearly the opposite: I record every TV programme I want to watch, then
10 watch it at my leisure. That way I can skip through all the adverts, which I
11 loathe [1]. Freesat in the UK allows recording of radio series as well, which
12 Sky cannot do, so it's easy to capture late-night series and listen to them at
13 my convenience. I have something like 600 radio programmes on my satellite
14 box.
15
16 1. Mind you, UK TV adverts are nowhere near as gross as the screeching
17 horrors I was subjected to in Minneapolis 30 years ago.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.