From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unable to set wireless regulatory domain
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 22:49:17
1 On 05/09/2011 09:20 AM, John Nielsen wrote:
2
3 > I got it working like I want by:
4 >
5 > 1) Including RFKILL in my kernel config and 2) Building cfg80211,
6 > mac80211, rfkill, and all parts of the ath9k driver as modules
7 >
8 > Just adding RFKILL to a static (module-less) kernel didn't fix it,
9 > and just building cfg80211 and friends as modules without RFKILL also
10 > didn't fix it; I had to do both.
11
12 Some drivers contains quite a few distinct subsystems, and I can
13 imagine a scenario where some section of code is executed only when
14 it gets loaded by another driver module.
15
16 If my SWAG is correct, then I think a bug report would be appropriate.
17 Unfortunately I have no idea if I'm guessing right or wrong :)
18
19 As Mick said, the same problem has been reported with alsa drivers,
20 and I would consider that to be buggy behavior as well and I would
21 file a bug report if I had the same problem. (But I don't.)