From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swapping processor problem
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:32:38
1 On 16 November 2011 08:55, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 11/16/2011 09:23 AM, Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Maybe check if there is a BIOS update available?  Might be worth a shot.
7 >>
8 >> I already upgraded the BIOS to have the dual-core CPU recognized,
9 >> otherwise the kernel would not even start. There is yet another update
10 >> on the ASUS site but it's mainly for AM3 processor compatibility and
11 >> labelled as 'beta' so I'm a bit nervous to try it ;-)
14 > I have a beta for mine too.  It'll will be there when it gets marked stable
15 > tho.  I'm in no hurry.  Sometimes waiting is a good idea.
16
17 The latest version of my Gigabyte BIOS has been 'in beta' for about 4
18 years now -- _and_ it's the version where they add support for
19 Quad-Core 2s!
20
21 Sometimes it means that they added some features, but can't be
22 bothered doing a full test suite.