From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] chroot: cannot run command `bin/bash': Exec format error
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:14:11
1 Hi
2
3 I have just purchased a new computer with a AMD Semphron 2800+ 64 bit
4 processor. I am installing it following the gentoo handbook of the amd64
5 architecture - only I am using the x86 minimal livecd (2005-r1) and the
6 stage3-amd64-2005.1-r1.tar.bz2 tarball. Shouldn that be a problem?
7
8 When I get to step 6a (chrooting)
9 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=1&chap=6#doc_chap1
10 I get the following error:
11
12 livecd gentoo # chroot /mnt/gentoo bin/bash
13 chroot: cannot run command `bin/bash': Exec format error
14
15 I did use LVM2 for partitioning but other than that I have followed the
16 handbook very throughly. I hope someone has a solution. Please feel free to
17 ask for any information that may be helpful.
20 Bo Andresen
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list