From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ethernet dont use kernel module
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 04:28:39
1 This dont show anything ._.
2
3 Here my dmseg complete: bpaste.net/show/186667
4
5 And my .config from kernel: http://bpaste.net/show/186668
8 2014-03-08 21:53 GMT-03:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
9
10 > On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
11 > wrote:
12 > > Hi all. I'm again :P (I'm becoming an annoying).
13 > >
14 > > I have a realtek 8111F ethernet.
15 > >
16 > > I boot from a live-usb, make an lspci -v and says ethernet uses r8169
17 > > module.
18 > >
19 > > I compiled my kernel with this module, and when I start the system eth0
20 > does
21 > > not exist (Just lo), and a lspci -v says anything about modules.
22 > >
23 > > Also I tried doing modprobe r8169 with no errors, but I still with out
24 > eth0.
25 > >
26 > > So, any ideas why it is happening? :/
27 > >
28 > > As always.. I hope make me understand, my english is no too good
29 > >
30 > > Thank you list! Bytes! ;)
31 >
32 > In your system (booting directly, not with LiveCD), do:
33 >
34 > dmesg | grep -i 8169
35 >
36 > I'm pretty sure you will need some kind of firmware for your card. The
37 > logs in dmesg will tell.
38 >
39 > Regards.
40 > --
41 > Canek Peláez Valdés
42 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
43 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México