From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best Modem for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:10:42
1 Harald Arnesen wrote:
2
3 >"Michael Crute" <mcrute@×××××.com> writes:
7 >>I am trying to setup a fax server using Gentoo, I tried using an Intel
8 >>536ep chipset card with little success. After looking around the
9 >>general consensus seems to be go with US Robotics. Can anyone provide
10 >>the model and manufacture of a fax modem that is known to work with
11 >>both Gentoo any Hylafax? Right now I am running the most recent
12 >>gentoo-sources but I am not opposed to going back to the older 2.4
13 >>sources. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
17 >Almost any external modem should work.
21 I agree 100%. You do not want a winmodem and a internal hardware modem
22 can be hard to find and sometimes it is hard to get them to tell you if
23 it is a real modem or not. Get a external serial modem and it should
24 work out of the box. This is the same model I used to have, before
25 cable modem showed up, and it faxed and connected to the net real well.
26
27 http://www.magnum-pc.com/ssproduct.asp?pf_id=10240816
28
29 You can use that to search for one in your area or even one that may be
30 cheaper.
31
32 Hope that helps.
33