From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] £ sign in OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:44:48
1 On Wednesday 18 August 2010 19:58:14 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 > > Just adding to this, the £ sign works fine on the console. It is the X
4 > > applications (including terminals) that seem to have the problem with the
5 > > '£' sign.
6 >
7 > I assume you use KDE because you mention KMail. What have you set in KDE’s
8 > keyboard layout (Personal -> Regional Settings)? (Or if not KDE, then in
9 > $your_DE’s settingss)
10
11 Yes, this box is running KDE.
12
13 The regional settings show "United Kingdom".
14
15 The only thing that is different to other boxen of mine is that I have not set
16 up /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-keymap.fdi to define:
17
18 <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">uk</merge>
19
20 When I set up such a file in /etc/ then I can no longer use the keyboard in
21 KDE. I have to fall back to a console and work from there.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick