From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:35:08
1 On Monday 01 March 2010 16:08:05 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Alex Schuster wrote:
3 >
4 > [KDE4 problems]
5 >
6 > > And so on. But it's not so bad I cannot work with it (well, sometimes
7 > > it is, and then I have to fix it, like when the password dialog no
8 > > longer accepted passwords), and so I keep using it, waiting it to
9 > > become really stable and usable.
10 >
11 > And another weekend of KDE4 trouble. I rebooted after some upgrades, along
12 > those were Qt and MySQL. Now, plasma-desktop crashed, also when restarting
13 > it on the command line.
14 [snip ...]
15
16 > Sorry for the whining,
17
18 Nah! It's good to vent every now and then. :-))
19
20 Is it perhaps that you have a very complex/overloaded plasma set up? I've
21 updated KDE on two machines and went swimmingly well. On one machine I first
22 removed qt3 and then had no problems whatsoever. On the other I can't recall
23 what I did with qt3 ...
24
25 Other than that, I've noticed this sort of behaviour in the past with KDE2 and
26 KDE3 when I was trying to use KDE while major apps were being updated.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick