From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: webserver reccomendations
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:45:57
1 Hi all,
2 over the years when I need a web-server I have just used Apache. I am
3 in the process of consolidating my separate services VM's for various
4 things into LXC containers and am looking for something a bit lighter if
5 its worthwhile.
6
7 I am currently using Apache for internal and external http/https static
8 pages, webdav and radicale (dav/wsgi calendar) sometimes using vhosts.
9
10 Is there something else much lighter weight than Apache for (each) of
11 these tasks? - doesn't have to be the same application as I want to
12 separate the tasks rather than have one huge complex Apache
13 configuration serving an extremely light load.
14
15 Nginx is an alternative for radicale (is it worth changing from one
16 large application to one almost as heavy?) but what else can do wsgi/dav?
17
18 BillK