From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wastebin or trash?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 17:54:19
1 On 16-09-07 at 18:41, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 08 Sep 2016 00:47:13 Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 > > On 07/09/16 23:45, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > > Hello list,
5 > > >
6 > > > As I said in the "emerge @system" thread, I've built a fresh ~amd64 system
7 > > > on this i7 box. I also created a new user directory for myself, copying in
8 > > > only .bash*, .gkrellm2 and .mozilla.
9 > > >
10 > > > After spending a good long time setting up KDE and friends just the way I
11 > > > like them, the one remaining task was to set up KMail and import my
12 > > > 1000-or- so messages. That worked all right, with just the one same
13 > > > exception as before: KMail's recycle bin is call "trash" in the folder
14 > > > list, but the right-click menu on it offers to "empty wastebin".
15 > > >
16 > > > I'm sure I have all my linguas, l10ns i18ns and everything set up right,
17 > > > so
18 > > > I think I'm just seeing an intermediate stage in KMail development.
19 > > >
20 > > > Is anyone else seeing this?
21 > >
22 > > I'm reading this whilst sitting in Perth, Australia so both should read
23 > > "Rubbish Bin" or possibly "Wheelie Bin" ;)
24 > One IMAP4 account of mine shows 'Bin' and another shows 'Trash'. As I
25 > understand it you need to configure the locale on the mail server.
26 IMAP itself does not have a concept of "Trash", the creation of such a
27 mailbox is the prerogative of the client (unless the server itself feels
28 that the imap client doesn't know what it's doing and moves deleted
29 emails into a different mailbox; not that I've ever seen a mail server
30 do that), therefore changing the locale on the mail server won't help
31 and it is indeed something on the client that needs to be changed.
34 Simon Thelen