From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] whats up with eselect-opengl?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:22:16
1 Hi. In my latest world update, eselect-opengl had a new version with
2 very bad consequences -- it uninstalled the X server, and all drivers
3 were gone. I am using the nvidia drivers and they seemed to be
4 installed, but they did not work even after reinstalling the server, but
5 after downgrading eselect-opengl back to 1.27, mesa and glproto (may
6 have slightly wrong name), things are back to normal, but what the heck
7 is happening? I saw nothing in bgo, but we had a thread on here a while
8 ago, but even that thread didn't say the the server would be
9 uninstalled.
10
11 Any ideas? Are they going to fix? I have masked things off for now.
14 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
15 How do
16 you spend it?
17
18 John Covici