From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nvidia cards - compile in kernel or?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:40:54
1 I'm just about to recompile my kernel, but am in doubt.
2
3 Last time I compiled my kernel I was using the drivers shipped with
4 gentoo-sources and compiled them inside the kernel.
5
6 Now, I've shifted to the nvidia module and is in doubt whether I should
7 compile any kind of nvidia support in the kernel or just leave it out,
8 only using the nvidia module (basically should I compile the kernel with
9 framebuffer support for nvidia or not? - would they conflict?)
10
11 Sorry for being lame about this - I'm sure the answer is obvious (for
12 somebody else than me).
13
14 Kristian Poul Herkild
15 --