From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switched from rsync to git, now emerge --sync fails
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:37:22
1 On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:25:12 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > Yesterday I switched my gentoo repo from rsync to git, and the initial
4 > --sync with an empty directory did a git clone successfully.
5 >
6 > Today, when I try to sync, it always fails:
7 >
8 > $ sudo emerge --sync >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into
9 > '/var/db/repos/gentoo'... /usr/bin/git fetch origin
10 > error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error:
11 > 504 fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly !!! git fetch error in
12 > /var/db/repos/gentoo
13 >
14 > Action: sync for repo: gentoo, returned code = 128
15 >
16 > The SSL connection to anongit.gentoo.org happens, the handshake goes
17 > OK, a few frames of data go back and forth, then the nothing happens
18 > for 60s and the client end sends a FIN.
19 >
20 > After the initial sync which does a git clone, how do you do
21 > subsequent sync operations?
22
23 emerge --sync works here. What do you have in repos.conf?
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 There's too much blood in my caffeine system.