From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pocket sneaks back
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 23:19:11
1 On Monday, 16 March 2020 21:08:10 GMT Dale wrote:
2 > Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 > > After the latest stable firefox upgrade to version 68.6 I again started
4 > > seeing DNS queries for Pocket related domains. I found this in
5 > > prefs.js:
6 > >
7 > > user_pref("browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.section.highlights.includePo
8 > > cket", true);
9 > >
10 > > I am not sure if this setting was new with this version or if firefox
11 > > just started acting on it now, but in any case I am adding it to my
12 > > user.js with a value of false, right now.
13 >
14 > I admit I don't know what these are for but I went to look at mine. I
15 > also found this which is a little different than the one you posted but
16 > still pocket related.
17 >
18 > services.sync.prefs.sync.browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.section.highligh
19 > ts.includePocket
20 >
21 > I run unstable here but mine is set to true for that one as well.
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
25 > :-) :-)
26
27 I didn't even know what pocket is, let alone that it is enabled as a default.
28
29 I'm on FF 68.6.0esr, but I do not have a pocket button showing in the address
30 bar. I may have disable it sometime in the past, thinking that got rid of it
31 - little I knew.
32
33 Going to about:config and searching for pocket reveals a number of related
34 settings, with 'extensions.pocket.enabled' being one you should pay attention
35 to.
36
37 https://help.getpocket.com/article/1025-disabling-save-to-pocket-features-in-firefox
38
39 It is worth mentioning, Palemoon does not have pocket in it. ;-)