From: Marius Vaitiekunas <mariusvaitiekunas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] otrs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:46:16
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 22.09.2011 14:43, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 >
4 >> I am going the manual path right now, just to get things working
5 >> asap.
8 > You know what? Didn't get it working!
9 >
10 > I always hit some bug around XML-Parser and couldn't find a solution
11 > anywhere. Even registered on OTRS-Forum, no luck there anyway.
12 >
13 > After a day spent on all this I simply deleted the VM and started to
14 > install another distro (the one starting with "U" ;-) ) just to get OTRS
15 > working for the customer asap.
16 >
17 > They will check it out now, I might try to get it working with gentoo
18 > later. For now I spent enough time and energy on that issue.
19 >
20 > thanks for the feedback anyway,
21 > Stefan
25 As I told you, the best way to install on gentoo is installation from
26 source. Deb packages have some problem also. If you need an easy
27 installation via package manager, go with rpm distro.